Mount Pleasant Primary School
MOUNT PLEASANT PUPIL PREMIUM OVERVIEW 2018-2019
Number of Pupil Premium
111 children are Pupil Premium in school. (Approx 26 % )
Yr 1 14
Yr 2 15
Yr 3 15
Yr 4 16
Yr 5 19
Yr 6 21
Total PP Funding 2018-2019
The primary purpose of this funding is to ensure that these groups of children are not educationally disadvantaged and therefore all funding will be used to close any learning gaps so that children can make accelerated progress and achieve as well as their peers.
Our key focus for the coming year will be on closing the gap for pupils in receipt of Free School Meals throughout the school. This year we are focusing on Maths and English.
This funding will be put towards the cost of providing:
• Release time for our school maths and literacy subject leaders for staff development, training and monitoring.
• Release time for our school assessment subject leader for monitoring all intervention groups for Pupil Premium children.
• A full-time Pastoral mentor for the whole school to access.
• We will hold termly pupil progress meetings using data analysis and feedback for each class regarding the progress regarding the progress of each child in reading, writing and maths. These meetings will be used to plan and evaluate interventions for children at risk of not making at least good progress and / or achieving age related levels at the end of the year.
• Funding of a TA2B for each class for intervention work.
• Funding to staff and resource a breakfast club and a small after school club for basic skills and intervention work.
• Enrichment activities including; Sports morning club, Theatre experiences, More Able Workshops in core subjects.
• Subsidised school trips.
• Year five and 6 WOPPS
• Lunchtime Play Leader
• Guided reading materials
• New spare Uniform/PE kits
• For CLA provide staffing for 1:1 work to help with classroom transition, emotional wellbeing and general support in class.