RESPECT KINDNESS HAPPINESS
‘Every child matters, every moment counts’
Mount Pleasant School Rules
At Mount Pleasant:
- Treat everyone and everything with respect
- Be kind to one another
- Be safe
At Mount Pleasant Primary School we develop and promote British Values throughout our school and within our curriculum.
A key part of our plan for education is to ensure children become valuable and fully rounded members of society who treat others with respect and leave school fully prepared for life in modern Britain. British Values:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance for those of different faiths and beliefs
To do this our children through the PSHE curriculum and themed weeks will develop:
- An understanding of how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process.
- An understanding that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law.
- An acceptance that people having different faiths or beliefs to oneself (or having none) should be accepted and tolerated, and should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.
- An understanding of the importance of identifying and combating discrimination
We had a visit from the Mayor during British Values week. The mayor was shown around the school and then spoke to our Year 6 children all about the British Values, what they are and why we have them.